I made 2 simple floral tops for this summer. One blue floral one and one pink floral one.
This blue one is based on McCall's 5050. I omitted the waistline elastic but instead added elastic to the hem. I also omitted the elastic at the sleeves. The fabric I used is a bright blue floral cotton lawn. It's too bright for me so I decided to use the back of the fabric instead (more muted). However, I made the mistake in sewing the muted sides together for the sleeves. So now the sleeves are of the bright side and the bodice is of the muted side. I hope no one notices! :-) It's a breezy summer top which I have already worn many times during this hot and humid summer. The body is more shapeless than I would like (my own fault for not doing the elastic), but I'm too lazy to go back and put in the waistline elastic now.
The other one is a pink floral tunic. I usually don't wear pink. But hey, it's summer time! This one is based on New Look 6809. I cut the fabric based on the bust measurements at the back of the envelope. But I think I should have made 1 size larger. The chest doesn't have as much ease as I would like. And the sleeves billow out WAY TOO MUCH for my liking! I feel like a medieval wench! Let's Joust!! LOL. Oh well! When I have some time, I may re-do the sleeves. Right now, I'll just wear it as is.